What you'll do?
- Visit the highest volcano in Europe
- Explore the extinct Silvestri craters at 1,900 mt asl
- Enjoy panoramic views from the base camp Refuge Speranza
- Take advance of an organic lunch at a local winery
- Taste authentic Etna wines
Your day trip will start at 9:00 with pick up in Your accommodation. Proceeding to Mount Etna you will hear Sicilian stories and of the natural characteristics of the highest active volcano in Europe. After just over an hour’s drive, passing through the wonderful Etna landscape, You will reach the base camp Refuge Sapienza, located at 1,900 masl.
Visit the marvelous extinct Silvestri craters, take souvenir pictures of the area. There is free time to walk on the old lava flows. There is an optional ascent tour to the main authorized craters area at 3,000 masl by cable car and Off-Road Minibus. You will be accompanied by an English-speaking Alpine Guide. A 45-minute visit in this lunar landscape is memorable. You can walk around the area of the main craters, (not the central one) observing the little smoking crater.
After visiting the Volcano, on the way back we will stop in a well-known Etna winery for wine tasting and organic lunch. Return back to taormina
WHAT’S INCLUDED :
- English speaking Local Licensed Guide
- Pick up from any Hotel in Taormina,Naxos area
- A/C 8 seats Mercedes Minivan for R/T transportation service
- Wine tasting at a local winery
- Organic Lunch
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED :
- All what not mentioned in ” What’s included”
Comfortable shoes are highly recommended
Sunglasses and hat recommended during the summer months
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Minimum number of participants 2