What you'll do?
Delight your taste buds on this 3-hours walking tour enjoying great food and traditions in Asakusa. Your small-group will be guided through this must-see district. Explore the backstreets of this well loved place sampling local foods and flavors.
- Experience an afternoon of great food and tradition as you explore one of Tokyo’s must-see districts, Asakusa
- Enjoy an authentic Japanese lunch, with sashimi option fresh from Tsukiji market
- Hear the stories of the area as you explore the sides streets and alleyways
- Experience different regional flavors from all over Japan
- Taste melon bread, one of Japan’s best kept secrets
- Finish it all off with genuine matcha Hot or Iced to go with your dessert
- Visit a classic candy shop where a traditional candy making method has been preserved
Every guide book and checklist will tell you that the Asakusa area is a “must see!” Get off the beaten track and discover hidden spots and tasty treats that most tourists will never find. Learn about the history of the area while trying snacks, sweets and having a local seasonal lunch.
Begin your tour with a special overview of this district. Explore the Namise street, try a famous Japanese snack and learn about how pilgrims and tourists have been coming here for more than 1000 years. Have a seasonal lunch with your guide and learn about food customs and ordering tips that you can use throughout your time in Japan.
Next stop, explore the theater and traditional side streets. Stop off and learn about specialty foods from across Japan. Head over to a dessert shop that has been making a famous pastry since 1945. Learn about the hidden secrets of Sensoji temple and finish up your tour with a stop off for a Matcha (green tea) experience. See all the important sites and make delicious memories with your local guide sharing information about this amazing “shitamachi” or downtown neighborhood.
5 food stops including lunch
5 regional food tastings and street food
Know before you go
- Please inform the tour supplier of any food allergies or dietary requirements
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A copy of your passport information is required for all participants aged 10 and over
- This tour runs daily and starts at 11:00 AM and finishes at approximately 2:00 PM